Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)
Is low T affecting your performance? Knowing is half the battle
Testosterone levels begin to drop in men beginning at age 30. If you think you may be suffering from low T levels or if you’ve already been given a diagnosis, Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) may be beneficial and help you regain your confidence by restoring your levels back to what they once were.
Low T is much more common as you age, but there’s good news: advances in modern medicine have helped doctors discover new treatment options and hormone balancing therapy can slow the rate at which your hormones decline, allowing you to experience a better quality of life.
How do I know if I have low testosterone levels?
Here are the most common symptoms of low T:
- Low libido. Some men may find themselves slightly less interested in sex, while others may lose their sex drive altogether.
- Erectile dysfunction. Along with a loss of sexual interest, some men with Low T experience erectile dysfunction, also known as impotence.
- Mood swings. Low T can cause changes in mood, difficulty concentrating, and even depression in some men.
- Decreased energy. Some fatigue and loss of stamina are normal with age. We have work responsibilities, families, and generally lead busy lives, so feeling tired isn’t at all uncommon. However, when a regular lack of energy, frequent fatigue, and feelings of lethargy are present along with other symptoms of Low T, it may be time to see a doctor.
- Loss of muscle tone and brittle bones. Loss of muscle mass and overall strength, as well as loss of bone density that can lead to fractures (think male osteoporosis), are also associated with Low T levels.
- Other symptoms of Low T may include: body hair loss, weight gain, poor memory, inability to recall specific words, shrinking testes, and even sleep disorders.
Do you have “Low T?”
After you receive your lab results, (normally in 15 minutes) the Men’s Health provider team will meet with you for a confidential consultation and work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan.
Your consultation includes a 30-minute appointment with one of our expert men’s health providers to discuss your results and discuss your options. For most of our patients, injections can start as soon as the same day or the next day.
What does the treatment process typically look like?
First, you’ll receive an intramuscular injection in your glute (your upper buttocks) using a safe and effective testosterone cypionate to aid in the process of hormone restoration.
We’ll continue to closely monitor your health and progress through additional labs and brief weekly visits. Your physician will monitor blood levels closely to ensure the dosage is correct for your needs. If necessary, the dose and frequency of your testosterone injections will be adjusted to get the best results.
What results can you expect from testosterone replacement therapy?
Over time, TRT restores your body’s testosterone levels and most men will begin to experience some symptom relief in as little as one month. Symptoms will continue to improve over time with the proper course of treatment.
For many men, the results of testosterone replacement therapy can be truly life-changing:
- Increased energy and stamina
- Restored sex drive
- Vast improvement of erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Increased muscle mass and overall bone density
- Better moods and diminished feelings of depression
What is the cost of TRT at Men’s Health?
The cost of Testosterone Replacement Therapy is $325/month in-clinic or $249/month* at home. You can find additional pricing information for TRT and all of our other services on our Pricing page. Be sure to also visit our Specials page for current promotions and discounts.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) at Men’s Health?
We know your time is valuable. Our easy scheduling options enable you to schedule your weekly visit at the same time each week, or you may drop in any time during business hours when it is most convenient for you at either the Memorial or Bellaire location.
Our contemporary facility features many of the comforts of home and you’re always welcome to have a seat in our warm and inviting waiting area equipped with TVs, free Wi-Fi, work stations, and complimentary beverages.
Questions? Book your complimentary low T assessment now using our online scheduler, or contact Men’s Health at 832-900-2427.MAKE AN APPOINTMENT